Thursday, June 9, 2016

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre

TLDR version: Emergency c-section plus epidural costs about RM13,700.



I'd opted for a natural birth but due to some issues, we finally opted to do a c-section after being in labour at the hospital for 13 hours. I also had an epidural put in and it was fabulous - I think I had the most un-painful labour experience ever, even though it lasted 15 hours!

Here's a rough breakdown:

Hospital service charges plus 2 nights stay in a private single standard room: RM8,115.35

Disbursement to Dr Azmil (for epidural) - RM1,657

Disbursement to Dr Choy (paediatrician to care for your new baby) - RM1,597

Disbursement to Dr Paul (obstetrician to care for the mother) - RM2,440

And that's it! To be precise, we paid RM13,648.80 to have what is considered one of the most expensive ways of having a baby but I do think that it was worth every penny.



PCMC encourages moms and babies to bunk together, those first two nights alone with her were magical. (If mom needs rest, you can also opt for baby to sleep in separate quarters). 



Free gloves and bathing wipes. 


Free toiletries you'll find in the bathroom.


Free sanitary pads and towel for mom. 

Besides the amazing doctors, great care from the team and amenities, one of my most favourite perks of delivering at Prince Court was probably the fact that you get to choose your meals from a menu and it all tasted soooo delicious:


Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre
They even let me have coffee but I chickened out and had orange juice instead

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre
This is vanilla ice cream and it was fabulous!

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre
Pancakes

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre

My favourite was the lasagne but I was so hungry that I just ate it all up without taking a photo. And the view is pretty amazing too. I'm glad I had the chance to spend the first two nights of my daughter's life in such a lovely place: 

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre

And for no extra charge, you also got a baby monitoring advice attached on your wrist and the baby's foot so if either of you are separated more than a floor, it will beep!

Price of delivering a baby in Prince Court Medical Centre


I don't know Dr Azmil or Dr Choy very well but have bonded quite well with Dr Paul since he first confirmed our pregnancy in Week 6. I'll write a review of him soon! 

xoxo and baby dust,
Pam 

P/S - All the doctors at Prince Court that we have in contact with are pretty cool, though! Dr Azmil is especially funny and amazing at giving epidurals. Dr Choy is very chill and can tell with one look if your baby has jaundice or not.

7 comments:

  1. A very good post. I was looking for the price for this Clinic. My wife currently in labour pain from wednesday in GH, untul now she is in pain, i cant see her in that way. I will reward her Prince court for the next baby. I will work hard and earn more. Pam i like almost all your post, i will read one by one when i have time. Please pray for my wife and mum. Looking forward for your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharil,

      Thank you for your comment! I was happy to read it and I will work harder on posting more :) Congratulations on your baby and I hope everything is well with you and your family! Lots of happy times are ahead for you!

      Delete
  2. Hi, may I ask how much for the consultation fees monthly checkup for dr Paul tay. Izit long queue every time go visit him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I can't really remember the fees as it was paid under my company's insurance at the time, but it was roughly RM200+ per checkup every month. There's no queue! Just make your appointment and be there on time. :)

      I remember there was one time I had to wait 30 minutes though, that was because the Dr rushed out to deliver a baby so that was very OK :)

      Congrats on your pregnancy!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for yor post. I just had my first checkup with Dr. seri at pcmc today and they charges me RM600++. Is it normal? Will it be RM600++ each checkups?

    Thanks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow... thats kinda high.... could be first timer.... thats why they charge higher. Im under PCMC as well, everytime check up is about 280 max and if medication is given that would be around 300. my first time is about 300++. Highest bill was 900+ (2 consultant) as i was doing my detail full scanning of my baby.

      Delete
  4. I was induced to deliver normal in PCMC with Dr Paul in April 2016, together with epidural and 4D3N stay, bill came up just under RM 10k.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.