Monday, March 30, 2015

I watched 50 Shades of Grey


*Images are not mine, sourced from Tumblr 

Anastasia Steele looks pretty old to be graduating from uni. She is super lovely, but her elderness really distracted me from the movie. Wasn't Anastasia supposed to be a young ingenue? I actually Googled the actress and she is actually only 25. I still kinda wish Alexis Bledel took the gig.

Christian Grey doesn't feel dangerous, just stalker pscyho-killer-ish in the movie. The Grey I imagined in my head was a wild animal contained in a suit. 

To the actor Jamie's credit, there really is no sexy way of saying, "Laters, baby." 

Most of the smexy parts were smexy. 

I enjoyed watching the movie on my laptop while sitting next to Wewo (who was doing something else). It kinda made him nervous at first, then he became disturbed when I explained to him that 50 Shades of Grey is actually a Twilight fanfic.

Grey is supposed to be Edward Cullen, Grey's adopted brother is Jasper.

Anastasia is Bella, her best friend is Rosalie. Jose is Jacob, Grey's adopted sister is actually Alice. 

I was never able to get past the third book of 50 Shades of Grey so I only skimmed it - but I did read the first two. And I hope that this shows you that I too can be 50 Shades of Surprises! 

Would I watch this movie again? No... Is it a favourite? No... but am I glad I watched it? 

Well, yes. I think this is equivalent to my other guilty pleasure - Keeping Up With the Kardashians. 


#FirstWorldPerks 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.