Monday, August 18, 2014

, ,

How to Celebrate Your 30th Birthday (Energy Day Spa & Prego Italian Buffet)


Well, I guess the title basically says it all - but here are some more details on how Wewo orchestrated one of the most awesome birthdays that ever existed. 

Step One: Energy Day Spa, Jalan Ampang, KL 




This is me in the changing room - we need to change into robes and keep away all our valuables before the session. I had originally wanted to try the hot stones, but they only had one set and there were two of us - so we went for the normal tissue massage, which was so relaxing that we were vehemently promising each other that we should make this a monthly event. 





They serve you tea before and after your session. While the younger kids define "chilling out" as staying up late and drinking alcohol at some seedy area of KL city, I prefer a chill-out activity where you literally turn into a warm heap of laziness and comfort as you watch the KL traffic from above. 

For more info on Energy Day Spa, click here to view the website. You should book in advance and although it is expensive (our total bill come up to around RM500+), it is seriously pampering and lots of guys who went there expressed how their skin is now soft as silk. 

The only other time I've been here was the day before my wedding and it sure brings back sweet memories. :) 


 Step Two: Fill up with Italian food at Prego, The Westin KL 


Wewo then took me out for Italian fine dining-slash-buffet at Prego on a Sunday afternoon. I was pretty confused because I couldn't understand why the servings were so small --- but then by the middle of the meal, I was seriously stuffed. I really enjoyed myself a lot because the Italian food was very Italian (not fusion or with a Malaysian-twist) and they actually serve the food to you hot and fresh, in as much quantity as you like- which is definitely better than having to line up at a buffet line! Hoho~













Prego is surprisingly empty but that's probably because it's on a pricey side and is in a hotel? I highly recommend trying the Sunday Brunch buffet though, especially if you are a fan of Italian food. For more info, please click here and I honestly do not think any booking is necessary - when Wewo called to book, the guy on the other side of the line said that it was fully booked but you can try a walk-in. When we got there, the place was only half filled. I believe that the total meal cost around RM300 or slightly less, but it was so good that we did not have Italian food for months after that. 


So that was how we welcomed my sweet 30th - with a deep, cleansing detox massage and some hearty Italian food. We also visited the Royal Selangor factory (previous post) and took a day off work to have some fresh Alaskan Crab --- but that's a post for another day.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great tips for celebrating 30th birthday! I am going to turn 28 in next month. So, I am thinking to hire an event planner for the party arrangements. I would invite only my closed ones.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.