Sunday, March 23, 2014

A day in my life (March 2014 edition)


Dear Internet, 

Ohaiyo! Long time no blog, and let me tell you why - I have been obsessed with juggling work and having dinners with friends. We literally spent the entire week eating out last week, so this weekend is all about staying at home in comfy t-shirts, drinking lots of coffee and spooning in strawberry Haagen daaz ice-cream while the poodles and shih tzus roll across the living room. We watched three movies today (my favorite was Saving Mr Banks! Disney love!) and I slept so much that I am wide awake right now even though it's past midnight. 

I am trying to work really hard and live really hard these days because I have this weird guilty feeling that I let last year go by without anything really solid to show for it. Is that weird? 

Before you assume that I have most of my life together, I'd also like to confess that on Friday night, my husband and I was passed out cold on our living room sofa by 10pm. We just fed the dogs and ourselves, but we were still in our work clothes (and makeup!) and all the lights were still turned on. 

I only woke up at 6am after the poodles decided to step all over my hair, following which I opted out for a shower and decided to just continue my much needed rest on my warm bed - only to wake up at 11am on a Saturday. After having almost 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep, you'd think I'd have more energy for the day but I ended up taking another 3 hour nap in the early evening. I can't imagine what it'd be like if/and when we ever decide to have little broods of our own. I'll probably drink lots of coffee for many years and pass out when the kids turn 18 years old or something. (=__=)

Also, I just realized that I haven't actually told you guys about my career progression for this year. It's still new and I don't want to jinx it yet, so just know that I'm happy with life changes right now. I'm feeling super, especially since on Friday, I won the MVP award at work - which is really crazy, considering that I've only been there for a month. I'm going to go enjoy my Sunday now so that I can make even more magic on Monday. 

And blogging... I should blog on weekdays again, right? :) 


Obsessively yours, Pam


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.