Wednesday, February 26, 2014

, ,

2D1N in Hua Hin: Eco Village, Swiss Sheep Farm and Santorini Park


Day two: Woke up in the morning at a boutique hotel brimming with Thai accents everywhere. 
So pretty!


Wewo is on track to drinking his way through Thailand - different day, different alcohol! This wine cooler was RM10 for 3 bottles (100baht)


I was worried that I got scammed when I bought sticky mango rice dessert for 50baht (RM5!) but ... 


It TASTES GOOD, you guys! I was so full the previous night then I actually kept it in the fridge overnight, but the flavors and texture was still delightfully scrumptious even though I wasn't eating it fresh. You must buy this if you visit Hua Hin night market. You should also try out the corn, which sold out before I had the chance to taste it. :( 


The view from our hotel lobby while we waited for our personal driver to pick us up. Every inch of the place is wiped down by the hotel personnel in the morning. 


You can just imagine how big the car is, right? 
(I'll leave contact details below so you can hire your own personal driver in Hua Hin/Bangkok too)


First stop: Eco Village, Hua Hin! 

Notes: Free entry, spent about an hour here


Eco Village is basically an area where a bunch of vintage-themed shops and cafes are meshed together, thereby culminating in... glorious food! I tried the fried plantain... 


And I tried the mini pancakes (very sweet!)


And when you get to a vintage village, you need to order vintage Coke, right? 


WHISKY DISPLAY! 


Barber Pam in the house! Who's next? MWAHAHAHAHAH 


This reminds me so much of my childhood. When I was in primary school, I used to rush to finish all my homework at school so I could then buy lots of junk food and snuggle in bed all afternoon while snacking and reading Enid Blyton. And there you have it... the secret to bringing up a good student. 


If you see this, try this! 



It looks like this under covers. Delicious and perfect for a hot day. 


Next stop: Swiss Sheep Farm!

Notes: Small fee to enter, spent about an hour here


Observe how beautifully I pose my legs, OK? 

BTW, all of these photos were taken with a RM20 tripod I bought from a random camera store in Bangsar. I highly recommend getting one for groups and couple holidays - don't be shy just because your camera is a point-and-shoot! 


... because it was eve of Valentine's Day. Thai people take their Valentine's Day celebration very seriously, which I will tell you more about in the next blog post. 


Spot the husband! 


Before 


And After. 


It's not a tourist holiday if you don't take cheesy photos.


Like this one... 


And this one... 


Next stop: Santorini Park! 

Notes: Small fee to enter, spent about an hour here


It totally doesn't look like we're in Thailand, right, you guys? 


Awesome optical illusion where Wewo looks tiny. It amuses me. 


This love is gangsta, babeh.



My favourite picture from this holiday! 


Wewo doing a good job of looking chill 


When pigs cats fly 



Random ZOMBIE!



After that, we headed back to Bangkok for more shopping, the best green curry I've ever had in my life and more booze. Stay tuned, you guys!

Pam recommends hotel: 


Pam recommends taxi: 
Mr. Roong didn't show up on the next day (!!!) but he sent a friend to drive us around in a nicer car instead. Said driver friend was very awesome - opening doors for both of us each time and was very polite. Having said that, he was also unfamiliar with Bangkok roads and we actually lost 2 hours due to being lost. So, no... I would not recommend Mr. Roong and his friends. Instead, try calling this number:

Mr. A (087-0762366, 084-6703388). This is the best taxi guy I've ever met in terms of service, cleanliness, handsomeness, sense of humor, integrity and more importantly, he drove us around from 7am till night time for only RM200. 

Want more ideas on what to do around Hua Hin? Read Chantelle's blog post on her amazing time at Hua Hin (note: she is a babe, guys, so click the link OK) 


52 comments:

  1. Hi, may I know how to contact Mr.A? As I'm looking for a driver at Hua Hin. The number you wrote in your blog fail to call...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Evelyn, I love your Soul Sister rendition! <3

    Mr A's mobile numbers are 087-0762366 and 084-6703388. Hope the call goes through, or you can try calling him when you reach Thailand.

    You can also try Mr Roong, the service is not as friendly but he is only about RM200 more expensive only. He replies his emails very fast at roongsayam@gmail.com.

    :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    u mean mr A charges rm200 from morning till night?
    roong charges 4000bahts from quote he give me

    what car mr A using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eurostar, sorry I missed your comment!

      Yes, mr A charges RM200 from morning till night time.
      He's driving a very nice sedan car, he wears uniform and gloves also the whole day. The treatment is definitely like a VIP. Have fun! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi.. is it from Bangkok>Santorini Park>Bangkok one day trip = RM200..? I planning to go in Oct and I did also quote from Mr Roong (400bahts) but due to we only have 2 person so feel it expensive..

      Delete
    3. Harro, yes it's RM200 per day, doesn't matter the destination - he will wait for you. :) The best thing is to tell him where you want to go and he will plan out everything for you. Hope you have a good trip!!!

      Delete
    4. Hi, I just WA Mr.A, he charge me Baht 3200 for full day from bangkok to Hua Hin.

      I also asked him to quote from BKK Airport to Hua Hin (One way) @ Baht 2400.

      Is it reasonable price?

      Delete
    5. Hi Pauline,

      I checked my previous quote from Mr. Roong and this is the price he gave:

      From Bangkok airport to Hua Hin: 2000Baht

      From Hua Hin to Bangkok, stopover at Santorini Park, Swiss Sheep Farm, Eco Village: 2,900 Baht

      Mr. A's quote is reasonable, maybe just a little bit more expensive so you can consider Mr. Roong instead. :) I guess Mr. A has good business now!

      Delete
    6. Oh ya, Mr. Roong's email is roongsayam@gmail.com. Send him an email and he will reply within 24 hours. :)

      Delete
    7. Mr.A mobile have whatsapp? How does Pauline WA mr.A? share please :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, is Mr A reliable? Any additional cost on top of what he quoted? Like petrol etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Soo Yah,

      Yes, Mr A is very reliable - he actually brought us to this quiet housing area for a friend's wedding and gave us plenty of advise on what to do at the wedding - while the rest of our friends got lost and took over an hour to arrive.

      No additional cost on top of what he quoted. No extra charge for petrol. My advise is that if you like his service, then you may want to tip him 10% extra of his total quotation. Definitely worth the price considering his car condition, he's handsome and wears uniform with gloves.

      Have fun!

      Delete
  5. hai, i also plan have a day trip to hua hin..does u guys have Mr.A email add???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Celine, I only have his numbers 087-0762366 and 084-6703388. Good luck and have fun!

      Delete
  6. How's the traffic from bangkok to hua hinon labour day? Does u guys have Mr.A email add???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry kloyve, I only have his phone number 087-0762366 and 084-6703388. Good luck and have fun!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Sorry Sandy. I only have his phone number 087-0762366 and 084-6703388. Good luck and have fun!

      Delete
    2. I am looking for personal drive when me at hua hin.. provided number is his mobile phone or landed phone? He speak english or chinese??

      Delete
  8. Hey guys, sorry ya but Mr. A doesn't have an email address (that I know of). :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey may i know Mr.A charges RM200 is per person or by car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey GTGT, he charges by car. :) Good luck and have fun!

      Delete
  10. Hi! I was just staying right on the beach in Hua Hin with our friends Nat and his gf Giftza (Girly Berry), I fell in love! I wrote a post about it and would love if you would take the time to look at it!

    http://www.romcomcation.com/#!single-post/c1eyj/A1B2DB24-378D-4F9B-B8DF-3FEE05BDCDB9

    I would love if you could link our site from yours :) feel free to link to any of our posts/photos.... What's mine is yours ;)


    Sincerely,
    Chantelle

    www.romcomcation.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you're gorgeous!!! Yes, will definitely update my post and direct some Hua Hin-interested readers your way. :) Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete
  11. Hi, may i check with u if the rm 200 is a round trip charge? (bkk - santorini park - bkk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jerry,

      RM200 is for the whole day so you can technically go from BKK to Santorini and back to BKK but... it will be tiring and you will end up spending most of the day in the car!

      My advice is to spend at least one night in Hua Hin then come back to Bangkok the next day. :)

      Delete
  12. Hi,

    Would like to ask you have any of your friends lately use Mr' A's service? Is it still good? Does he drives fast or within the speed limit and safe? I am afraid of sitting in a speeding car. he he..

    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marissa,

      I haven't heard any complaints about Mr A so far, but heard that his price has increased. He is a very nice guy, so he will be happy to slow down if you ask him to. :) I am scared of speed too!

      Delete
  13. Hi, is it normal for Mr. A to ask for photos after confirming the booking? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rolf, I'm sorry that I do not know because in my case, I only met him by chance when I got to Bangkok. I hope everything is OK and that you'll have a good trip!

      Delete
  14. Hi,
    May I know what is the operation hour for Santorini Park and Swiss Sheep Farm?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi...may i know u is how to go ? is travel by ur self or by travel group? is fly to bangkok , then direct go to hua hin ?
    can u give me the map and all the hotel phone number?
    tq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fang Fang,

      Hope your trip plannng is going well. Yes, we travel from Bangkok to Hua Hin, but you will save a lot of time if you fly directly from KL to Hua Hin. I travel with my husband only, not in a group. :)

      This is the link to the hotel: http://www.chalelarnhotel.com/en/home

      It is walking distance to the night market where you must go to eat the lobster (http://third-dotter.blogspot.com/2014/02/2d1n-in-hua-hin-from-suvarnabhumi.html).

      Delete
  16. hi may I know what is the airlines from kl to Hua hin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gp! We hired a taxi driver from Bangkok airport to Hua Hin :)

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fantastic things are providing in your blog. Its very help full for us. Please keep it up.
    Visit :- hotels in Bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, is he very reliable as we are all ladies, quite worried about is it safe to engage him as our driver?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey AsianBuzz!

      Yes, it's very safe to engage Mr Aek as your driver. He's very respectful and clean and quiet, doesn't talk to you unless you start the conversation. :)

      Delete
  20. Hi, I wish to go huahin with my family (hubby, two kids at age 3 years and 1.5 year). Do kids require to be seated in baby car seat in Thailand? I wish to engage a taxi driver to transport us to Hua Him from Bkk.. Have yet to plan my trip yet, hoping can travel both Hua Hin and Bkk. Any itenary can share with me? And possible to engage a driver for two days? We just need to pay the taxi fare for the driver? What about his accommodation for the night if we engage for two days? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aston,

      Sorry I missed your comment! Have you gone to BKK yet? You can email this driver your itinerary: roongsayam@gmail.com and he will give you a quote for the charges. I engaged him for 2 days, no problem.

      Hope you had fun :)

      Delete
  21. Quote by Mr Roong
    By a Car/for 2 passengers,time:9 am, One day tours in Huahin.
    (The price 2,500thb/for 8 hours)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How much he charge for 2d1n n wads the pickup time on 2nd day? Izzit enough if it's only a day trip becoz only 8hrs n 3places to visit. Pls advice. Elynn here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elynn,

      Just email roongsayam@gmail.com with your itinerary and he will give you a quote. :) He will pick you up at your hotel according to the time that's most convenient for you. Remember to let him know how many passengers as well!

      For 2d1n, he charged 2,900thb but that was last year's price. Have fun!

      Delete
  23. Hi, did mr Roong pay for his own accommodation ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meng Loon,

      Sorry for the late reply. Yes, he did pay for his own accommodation. :) Hope you had a good trip to BKK!

      Delete
  24. Hi!

    How many hours you spend in Santorini Park?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Denise,

      We didn't spend too long there - 2 hours or so? :) We didn't go into the trick eye museum so we saved quite some time.

      Our driver was waiting for us at the car park so we could go anytime we wanted though!

      Hope you have a good trip!

      Cheers,
      Pam

      Delete
  25. Hi Pam,

    May I know how did u contact Mr A? By call or sms ? Did u add '+' in front of the phone number? Seems like he is not available on whatsapp ?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi,

    I had seen the post about your Hua Hin trip. I have a plan go to there in November. So could you help me some information about Mini Bus in Victory Monument? I travel with some luggage, so the Mini Bus will take me include my luggage or not?

    Hope to heard any feedback from you soon.

    Thanks,
    Son Tung

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.