Monday, December 30, 2013

, ,

Reporting on the Eve of New Year's Eve

So it has come to this.

After back-to-back parties and weddings since 25 December, I finally got sick literally one hour before I had not one-but TWO EVENTS to go to in one night! And I really, really, really, really wanted to go see Racheal's OTT Martha Stewart Christmas deco too *crashing thunder, watery eyes, endless despair*



So on the night of 29th of December 2013, I was bundled up on the sofa with a hot water bottle and my two poodles while my darling husband casually made a bowl of hot oats for himself --- as opposed to the 9-course Chinese cuisine or mouth-watering buffet he could have been spending 29 December 2013 at. In one month's time, we will be celebrating our blessed one-year wedding anniversary and he is still my favourite Christmas present of all time.

You guys, maybe becoming an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be. I think I liked it better when Christmas time meant just wearing whatever you want, eating turkey at home, decorating an overly large Christmas tree and opening up dozens of presents; as opposed to Christmas time this year which is filled with office obligations and Serious Adult Events (except Racheal's party, which was ironically the onnnnnnnly Christmas party I wanted to go to) ahem, Ah! But enough complaining!

Today's Public Service Announcement: Please remember to drink plenty of water during your holiday! Au Revoir, 2013! You have been (mostly) good to us!


So I'm going to clean up a little and crawl back into bed now. More reporting in 2014!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.