Friday, December 20, 2013

, ,

My Skincare Secret: How-to own Smooth, Blemish-free and Radiant Skin

Everybody! I had dinner by myself today for the first time in a very long time. Ah, so this is what being married is like... well, what I mean to say is that a few years ago, eating a meal on my own would be no big deal since I had a crazy work schedule but since getting married, I've become used to having someone handsome to eat with and talk with everyday. Tonight, I had an Americano and hot lasagne at a French cafe nearby while reading my manga. It was very nice, but it struck me how awkward and shy I felt to be eating alone. Hehe I am such a weird 누나!

Anyway, Wewo was at home all day and only went out for a bachelor's night, so I really have no reason to miss him suddenly, except that I do. I feel that Christmas this year is the loneliest ever, even though it's the first time I'm celebrating it as a Mrs.

For the past ten years, Christmas meant wrapping up SOOOO many presents because I come from a pretty big family. This year, we don't even have a Christmas tree up in the studio and our only Christmas present is Cheffie, the toy poodle who is already running around our home as though she owns the place. Cheffie is such a weird little bad ass. We brought her to the vet for a vaccination today and the doctor stuck a needle up her furry butt. She didn't even flinch and just sat prim and proper on the steel table, cool like a cucumber. (=____=) What kind of dog is this???!!!

Next year will be interesting when we move into our own home because then I'll get to put up a Christmas tree and make sure that there'll be lots of presents under it! Yeah, let's work hard, everybody!

My Christmas present to the Internet this year is sharing my secret on how I have great skin:


No make up skin, just some lipstick 



No photoshop 


This puffy sleepy face is almost 3-0 years old yo *shy* 


Mint Julep Masque: I only put this on rare days when I have a pimple. Apply this directly on the pimple, wait 20 minutes and wash it off. The pimple will be (almost) gone! This masque is cheap overseas and I purchased it on Low Yat Forum for around RM12-15 per tube. I bought 20, so it should last me for a few years. 


Charcoal Mask from DAISO: I get blackheads and whiteheads a lot (I think we all do) due to the humid weather in Malaysia. This mask works best after a hot shower. It's only a temporary solution, though but it's good to use if your blackhead/whitehead situation is really noticeable! Only RM5.


Cure Natural Aqua Gel: You are supposed to wash your face, pat it dry then massage this solution all over your face and gently rub. It will remove any hidden dirt/build up in your skin. This is especially refreshing if you tend to put on a lot of foundation/cream on your face. If you apply this once a week, you can also keep blackheads and whiteheads at bay! I can't remember how much it was, but it was pricey, like around RM200+. 


Facial masks: You can make your own facial masks from the kitchen or you can buy cheap/expensive ones from Guardian or WATSON'S. Facial masks are very important! If you're like me and don't have time to wear facial masks, you can use it when your husband is fast asleep at night. On days when Wewo goes to sleep earlier, I like to take a nice hot shower, put on my PJs, wear my facial mask and then hop into bed. Wearing your facial mask won't dry out your skin and according to 2NE1TV, Sandara Park and Park Bom also wear facial masks to sleep without any beauty detriments. Facial masks let you wake up to shiny skin! Ideally, you should wear cloth facial masks everyday for supple skin. 

Also: 

1. I don't use Toners. I own some, but ... what are they for? My skin is fine without toners. 

2. Eye cream is essential, twice a day.

3. On days when my skin feels very dry in the morning, I do not wash it. Instead, I wipe it down with makeup wipes. 

4. I try not to wear make up every day.

5. I currently use Laneige for my skincare, but I always switch the brands up and my skin is fine. 

6. If you can afford it, you should definitely go for facial sessions once a month. I used to go to Bluunis and they did a good job on my skin, but I stopped shortly after because they kept trying to sell me stuff. I don't have time for facial sessions anymore these days. *sad* 


OK, that's all! Merry Christmas! 




Remember Poppy? Poppy says hi! 


I'll show you her Louis Vuitton inspired bow next time! 


XOXO 
Santarina Pam 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.