Friday, November 22, 2013

, ,

Pam Says: Read This Before Getting Married

When will I get married?

Will I ever get married?

Who will I marry?





Stop whining like a child because I haven't even started yet
I don't like love that's like a child playing with fire 
I don't like the calculative love of adults 

The love of my youth is just ending like this
Please be happy
Even after a long time passes, let's both remember that
We both had each other back then 

(Lyrics from Missing You by 2NE1) 


Dear Internet,

Today I am officially 1 year and 1 day married to Mr. Wewo. 1 year and 1 day with no drama, no marriage woes, no fighting and no arguments/conflicts at all. The only tears both of us cried during these 366 days were either happy tears or sad tears after watching Hachiko the dog die in the movie or when Stitch couldn't find his real family in the Lilo & Stitch movie. 

This is not a post about how awesome my husband is. 

I'd always lived my life with no intention to get married, but a man like Wewo only comes around once in a lifetime. I always thought that I was one of the lucky ones in life, but then my fabulous friend Racheal reminded me that yes, while we may have gotten lucky with love, the thing is that it has always been our basic human right to be happy - regardless of whatever deep dark digital abyss we may currently be drifting in. 

This is a post about choosing to be happy. 

There are so many articles floating around the Internet about what to do/not to do before getting married, but I think that the most important thing to do is to be honest with yourself. If you want to get married, make sure that you're doing it for yourself and not for the sake of anyone else because at the end of the day, no one is going to thank you for getting married but yourself. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I hope that whatever this weekend may bring, you will remember that you have the right to be happy, wherever you are and whoever you are with. Even if you are alone or feeling lonely. 


I highly recommend reading Racheal's post about marriage being hardwork or better yet, bookmark her wander.kate blog - it's updated regularly with lots of fun posts! 

21 Nov 2012: I got sick. 21 Nov 2013: Wewo got sick! Who will get sick on 21 Nov 2014? Hmmm! 


In other news, you know you've become a DIY manicure/pedicure addict when you get featured on a Nail Spa Facebook Page. My toes are famous! 


2 comments:

  1. I kinda freaking love you (insert your full name).

    I was reading your post then...EH! WHAT?! AHHHHHH!! :) :)

    But more importantly, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

    Nov 21, 2014: Morning Sickness? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehehehe no no morning sickness eehehehehe just normal sickness (T_T)

    kinda freaking love you too! See you soon!! PARTYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.