Monday, August 19, 2013

,

Pam Recommends Awesome Books for Young Adults and Teens!

What do you mean it’s Monday again!!! RAWRR!!! DOMO SMASH!!! 


Haha, I kid. I write almost every other day, so the days just sort-of blend together for me. Remember, kids. If you’re working from home, then you have to be prepared to work every day. But it's fun, so it's all good. 

Here are some photos of things I ate this weekend.


I freaking cooked delicious lasagna in our kitchen, which doesn't even have a gas stove. Impressed Wewo with brownie points over 9,000! Ho ho. 


I ate this! Red velvet pancakes at Mid Valley. 


I also ate this! Did you know you can still find a meal for two people for less than RM20? Try the hidden Asam Laksa shack at AEON Jusco, Mid Valley. The meal comes with a vintage coke bottle and the laksa is delicious. 


I made this! Fresh yoghurt, strawberry yoghurt, cut strawberries and cereal layered together to make a happy, guilt-free Saturday breakfast. 


Scrumptious, huh! And here are some photos of what Oscar and Poppy were up to this weekend:


Everyday is Poppy day to Ms Poppy. PLAY WITH ME, MORTAL HUMAN!!!


Wewo and Poppy negotiating terms. It was a hairy situation.


Appeased Poppy with the dog-friendly movie, Frankenweenie. 



Meanwhile, the boys had a pretty chill weekend reading and watching TV. 


And now that I’ve posted up some obligatory photos I took with my iPhone, let’s get down to my latest obsession --- YA/New Adult book reading!!! 

The following are books that I have read over the past two weeks. Because the legendary Ms Tammara Webber does not condone book bashing, I’ve also decided to evoke Thumper’s Rule and not say anything mean about the books that I couldn't finish because my eyes were rolling so much that it was giving me a migraine

Anyway, do check out the books I recommend! Ahem, I don’t mean to brag, but I was basically the very first Edward Cullen fan girl in Malaysia wayyyy before they started making the movies. And I also read Harry Potter around the turn of the century (when most of you were in diapers! DIAPERS I TELL YOU!) and I still have a Mockingjay pin hanging in my car as my devotion to the awesomeness that is the Hunger Games (book one and book two only). Well, now that you have a rough idea of my book tastes, here are the books that You Simply Must Read:

Awesome Books, Must Must Read
Easy by Tammara Webber (my new hero)
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Sea of Tranquillity by Katja Millay


Books that were OK, I had Fun
Slammed series by Colleen Hoover
On Dublin Street series by Samantha Young
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
The Vincent Boys series by Abbi Glines
Sea Breeze series by Abbi Glines
Losing it by Cora Carmack
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Books I couldn’t finish because... because hmmm, I guess it’s just not for me.
Divergent series by Veronica Roth
Thoughtless series by S.C. Stephens
Crossfire series by Sylvia Day
The Edge of Never Series by J.A. Redmerseki
Too Far series by Abbi Glines
Gabriel’s Inferno series by Sylvain Reynard
Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (well, I liked Obsidian, but the books after that...)
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
Breathing series by Rebecca Donovan
The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller



There you go! Expand your mind with new stories and wonder! It never ceases to amaze me how creative people are! 

As usual, drop me a line if you can think of any good book for me to read! I only like books with happy endings, or at least happy endings for now. Blood and gore is ok, as long as everybody is happy at the end.  I heard ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ by John Green is pretty awesome too, but they also said to prepare tissue paper so... I’m just not emotionally ready for ... you know... \(>_<) / I believe it was Jane Eyre who said that all characters in novels deserve a happy ending but I totally understand why some people would prefer a more hard-hitting, dystopian-ish conclusion. Ahem.


Onward, Monday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.