Wednesday, August 28, 2013

, ,

Our very first magazine feature (aka your Malaysian wedding budget)

Can I just say that Racheal is AMAZE-balls and I can't even remember how we became friends but Racheal, if you're reading this, you are AMAZE-balls and you need to get your very own blog. And Pinterest site. And Youtube. So there.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of transitioning between writing and cleaning the house right now, so this is going to be a quick update. We enjoyed 15-seconds of fame today as we flipped through FACES magazine and saw our names and a write up on our wedding. AMAZING and it's all thanks to Racheal!

I'd never imagined getting my detailed budget list printed on actual paper, but I'm glad that I agreed to it because everyone can now view the full list of the best wedding vendors in Malaysia. Seriously, stop your browsing right now and just contact everybody in this list. I guarantee that they will do a good job of it and all you'll need to do is bring over your craziest friends, relatives and loved ones to create The Best Wedding Ever.




OMG OMG




And the awesome wedding card I created was ALSO featured in a separate article! Can I also say that the writer, Marcus, is AMAZE-balls too, but less so than Racheal. But still. Love! 


One new fact that you may not know about me is that I'm actually a very practical person. Before Wewo even proposed, I'd already made it clear that I would only settle down if we had a car, home and CASH for the wedding. I do not believe in going into debt for weddings.

Valiant gentlemen that he is, Wewo worked very hard so we could get hitched with RM50,000 cash. The entire wedding budget (listed up there!) totals up to under RM45,000. Since we're Chinese, we got to receive money packets during the reception which brought down the grand total cost of our super awesome pink wedding to under RM25,000.

Of course, I also had bouts of erratic spending, but my maid of honor did a good job of ensuring that I didn't go too crazy. I remember wanting to setup a large teatime buffet before the wedding which would cost around RM4,000, lol. In the end, I had cupcakes and sandwiches for less than RM300. It's really important that you have someone to ground you, especially when it comes to money matters. Your future husband is a bad grounder because he'll either (a) not want you to spend anything or (b) give you everything you could ever possibly want!

So, yeah. Have fun and happy planning!


// back to work

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD, I just read this and laughed the whole time. I freaking love you.
    1. We met at TMPC.
    2. I GOT A BLOG!!! :) :) :)
    3. You are so freaking adorable.
    4. Nigel Sia is the shiznit.
    5. I LOVE the redesign!
    6. I forgot to save your address the last time so I had to search "digital perm" "pam" "blog". :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you really did read this post!!! I freaking love you back!!! <3

      LOVE your blog. Now all you need is a Pinterest and Youtube account. Ahem. LOL thank you for reading and please blog visit more!!! I'll blog visit you too!!! Hug hug hug hug xoxoxoxo~

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.