Monday, May 27, 2013

,

Laneige K-Beauty Blogger

Omo, do you believe in coincidences? Nuffnang is running a beauty blogging contest for Korean cosmetics company Laneige --- just when I'm in the midst of my Korea pop culture fever! Ahh! O(≧▽≦)O

Speaking of which, you guys must seriously read the Korean manhwa, Cheese in a Trap. It is the BOMB. I stayed up till 3am yesterday just to catch up with the latest release! Daebak!

So sexy and creepy at the same time! 


Korean comic here: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=186811&weekday=thu
English translation here: http://www.oddsquad.org/p/cheese-in-trap.html

The English translation is WAYYYY behind the Korean comic version, which is great! More motivation for me to pick up the Korean language! *fiery spirit of determination burning bright* Seriously, READ THE COMIC OK! IT WILL MESS WITH YOUR BRAIN! IN A GOOD WAY!

OK, enough digressing and back to the main topic - to enter the K-Blogger beauty contest, all I need to do is answer the question : Which is your favourite Laneige skincare & make-up product, and why?” 

My chosen coveted product is Laneige Perfect Renew Dual Touch Eyes! (ノ´ー`)ノ

I added red hearts to the photo to show that I will use the eye cream well!!! 

Everybody says it's important to wash, tone and moisturize everyday but personally, I am of the opinion that EYE CREAM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SKIN CARE PRODUCT EVER INVENTED because eye wrinkles and saggy bags don't go away, even with makeup!

If you're like me and constantly put on fake eyelashes and/or contact lenses, then you need to be doubly diligent when it comes to eye cream application due to the increased tugging and pulling of the skin around your eye area.

Pro-tip: Did you put on too much heavy makeup around your eye area? Dab on some eye cream onto a q-tip and gently remove the excess make up from your skin. Alternatively, you may also dab some eye cream under your eye area at any time of the day for a moisture boost. If I'm working from home, I usually apply extra eye cream during the late afternoons when my eyes are extra heavy and sleepy. (T_T) 

I'm lucky enough to not have to worry about wrinkles yet, but with long waking hours and plenty of things to do, I do have some trouble dealing with tired-looking eyes.

Puffy panda eyes (O_O)  after  4 hours of sleep!

Here's how you can add a sparkle to your eyes in 3 minutes:



 Create the illusion of bigger eyes by lining the lower outer corner of your eyes a dark brown colour, then line the inner to middle section with white eyeshadow. 


OR.

Just line your bottom eyelid with white eyeliner. Same effect, less fancy and less time needed:



I usually use powder eyeshadow to line my lower lids as I'm worried that dragging an eyeliner pencil along my waterline will cause wrinkles.

And we're done! 


The biggest drawback with makeup though is that you can't wear it 24 hours a day! So be sure to properly clean your eye area and apply a high quality eye cream (ahem, like Laneige Perfect Renew Dual Touch Eyes) day and night to maintain the suppleness of your skin.

The funny thing about K Pop Culture is that while it has certainly made me much more vain, it is also simple in nature. My current makeup routine is to:

1. Wash
2. Apply eye cream
3. Moisturize face
4. Apply BB Cream
5. Draw eyebrows
6. Draw eyeliner
7. Apply swab of lipstick

And I'm done! If I'm feeling fancy on that particular day, I'll add eyelashes and some bronze eyeshadow to the mix. If you're new to makeup and have no idea what to budget for, there are two things I believe no girl should leave home without:



1. Laneige BB Cushion
2. Laneige Natural Brow Liner-Pencil

BB Cream is great! It has plenty of skin healing properties, but the two most important points for me is that (a) it protects your skin from evil sun rays and (b) it evens out your skintone. Laneige BB Cushion is special as you can drop it in your purse and tote it around all day so your skin will stay fresh and oil-free from day to night.

Hmm, should I post a photo of myself wearing nothing but BB cream and eyebrow penciling? I might do so in another post to show you how a 5 minute makeup session can instantly brighten your day!


Ja. until next time, readers! Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.