Monday, March 11, 2013

, ,

Good days after bad days

Behold, mortal! I give you... rebirth!



Not a dent, not a scratch! Nada!



My car Barbara is the BOMB!!! My mechanic is also the BOMB!!! It only took 3 days to fix her up, and she's looking mighty fine for a 9 year old car, especially after her horrible scrape last week. I love you Barbara!

By the way, did you know that we are all legally obliged to lodge a police report after you get into an accident? Failure to do so (even if you are the victim) can cost you up to RM300 in fines! To make matters even more inconvenient, you can't just anyhow lodge a police report at any police station. It needs to be a traffic police station.

The one and only one in KL is located along Jalan Tun H.S. Lee.

Photo credits to www.mycen.com.my

So I guess, for future reference, the first thing you need to do after you're in an accident is (1) make sure everyone is OK (2) take a photo of the other car (3) drive straight to the traffic police station or contact a tow car (4) make a police report within 24 hours.

I didn't get a fine though. Phew! Let's hope that I'll never ever have to experience something scary like that again!

I am in an especially good mood today because Wewo bought me lunch:




It is the BEST taco's in the whole of Malaysia. Seriously, hands down.

 It's kinda expensive at RM14, but it's totally worth it! If it makes you feel any better, you could just pretend that it's a salad with a crispy exterior. Hohoho. I seriously love the Pancake House at Mid Valley Megamall. They're under-rated and have the most delicious set meals in Mid Valley, so if you're looking for delicious pancakes, etc. on a budget, then this is definitely the best place to go! (Hint: they're just next to the Krispy Kreme stall).

And I also found out that freaking Stephenie Meyer's book, The Host, HAS BEEN MADE INTO A FREAKING MOVIE


OHHHH MANNNN I am so totally watching it. This totally made my morning. Why is Ms Meyer taking so long to release the next two books?

Speaking about books, I am having the worst luck with books lately.

I picked up this book by Emily Griffith because I wanted some chic-lit indulgence, but it turned out to be a so seriously annoying.


I mean, the prequel to this book actually became a movie with John Krasinski in it, so how bad could it be, right? IT WAS BAD. It was so damn predictable and the main character was SO ANNOYING. Main character is about to get married. Main character is dumped by her fiance who runs off with her best friend. It looked like harmless literature (if you can call it that), but then the twist is that the main character CHEATED on her fiance and spends a good amount of time in the book harping on about how bitchy her best friend was for stealing her man. And the person the main character cheated with was kind-of her best friend's love interest. So much drama and not enough humor to keep me interested. So I just put it down and didn't pick it up again.

Then I found this highly rated series on goodreads-


The covers look cool, right? The first book was fine, but I felt like I was drowning of boredom throughout the rest of the books. By the time I reached book four, I had to just put it down. I didn't care anymore if the main characters were going to get together or not. I didn't care that Lucifer was going to collect all the angels and I sure as heck did not appreciate the idea that God is so petty as to separate two individuals who love each other. At least Edward Cullen had the balls to say that he loved everything about Bella, from her smell to her independence and awkwardness. In the Fallen series, all there is is lust between a human and an angel. He doesn't love you! He's just a psychotic angel! And his brother is so much cuter! 

There. I can't even remember the names of the main characters in this book, despite nearly completing the whole series. That's how much I hated it. 

And so I decided to go back to the "butt-kicking, hot girl" genre... 


I've almost finished the first book. It started out great, but... I don't know. I think I've... outgrown these books. *sad* 


I'm going to start on Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles today, hopefully some cute boy-kicks butt action is what I need to really get my imagination roaring again. Do hit me up if you have any books to recommend, but it must have a happy ending (this means you, Satnam)! 

The tardy smartie, Pam 



2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.