Sunday, May 20, 2012

, ,

RM378 richer!

Did you know that all Touch N Go highway users can redeem 20% rebate off their total transaction? To qualify, all you need to do is have a minimum of 80 transactions on your Touch N Go card! 

The Nice Man at the Counter was really, really surprised when he found out that my rebate amount was RM378.92. Ka Ching! Well... I will now leave it to you to calculate backwards how much $$$ I spend on highway tolls in the past 6 months... *grave silence* 

Don't be deterred by the quiet office and dark staircase. Walk on up to the first floor to get to the Touch N Go counter!
How to Redeem Touch N Go Rebate

I did mine at the SUNWAY TOL along the KESAS Highway. From the highway, keep on the left lane and park at the designated lot and walk towards the Touch N Go office about 200m away from the parking lot. Walk up one flight of staircase and you should be able to spot a small counter at the corner. There's usually nobody manning the counter, so you'll have to ring the bell and then a nice staff will attend to you. Just mention that you want to redeem the rebate and pass them your Touch N Go card. No filling up forms, no IC checks, nothing. The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

Note: Office is only open from morning till 5pm, weekdays. Closed on Saturdays and Sundays. No redemption from the 10th to the 14th of every month. For more information, click here.

Aaaaand, time for Weekly Meals update!

Approximately RM100 was spent on:

Scallops, crab meat, fish ball, long beans, enoki mushrooms, lettuce, cherry tomatoes 
Brown Rice for a healthier meal, ahem ahem

We'll be having plenty of porridge dishes in our crockpot for dinner this week. Did I mention that Wewo happens to really LOVE porridge? I happen to love mixing in salty Marmite with my porridge served with yau char kueh, so it's a WIN-WIN combo!




Suspected that Wewo might have become bored with having salad for lunch two weeks in a row, so I switched it up with sandwiches and sliced oranges. One sandwich contains mustard, lettuce, turkey ham and cheese whereas the other contains tuna, slice of cheese and lettuce with a sprinkling of black pepper. It was originally designed to be a cute heart-shaped bento, but the seaweed expired HAHAHAHA the feedback was that Wewo feels very English to have cold sandwiches with a cup of hot tea, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

My best buy of the week though would be the TOM YAM we had for Friday dinner!

RM0.62 only!

TESCO offers prepacked Tom Yam ingredients such as the leaves, roots, onions, etc. and it was expiring soon, which was how I managed to pay only RM0.62 for the Tom Yam ingredients! The TESCO Tom Yam seasoning was another RM2 and I added organic Fusili into the mix, because I adore the Tom Yam Fusili served at BLACK CANYON. All I had to do was chuck in the Tom Yam ingredients and seasoning into the crockpot, boil for 10 minutes and then let it simmer. Add in the lime juice, leaves and fusili into the mix 10 minutes before serving and you're pretty much done for the day.

Heh. Did you know that there are only a handful of people who know that I can cook? Wewo, Wewo's mom and dad... that's about it! Cooking is fun, but I'm not exactly a slave to the kitchen. I like things fast, precise, pretty and yummy. I guess you could call me a kitchen nazi.

Heil, chef! (●´∀`)ノ♡


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.