Monday, February 27, 2012

,

Where Oscar Goes to the Vet

My Facebook Status Update while waiting at the Vet

So how was your Friday-slash-weekend?

Oscar gave me a mini-heart attack when I discovered that he basically lost control of his hind legs and could only waddle all over the place. I'm pretty sure my heart broke a little when the little furry guy stumbled over his clumsy feet and hit his chin against the hard tile floor.

So I then bundled Oscar into the car and visited our local friendly vet... who promptly turned him away after advising me to get his feet checked out before he becomes permanently paralyzed! Doc didn't have an X-Ray machine, so after Oscar cheekily peed at her office table, we turned around and drove around for a bit, looking for the recommended vet clinic.

I have scoliosis and my Dog has a genetic hip problem. Coincidence?

Oscar got his very own X-ray image burnt into a CD! And my dog eats painkillers now! Hardcore!

Long story short, Oscar's X-Ray image came out normal, so all he needs is plenty of rest (and love). For two to three months. So overall, I was a much more mellow person by Friday afternoon.

Speaking of which, if you're in Klang and you're in need of a seriously Nice Well Equipped Vet doc, do go to:

Thomas Animal Clinic & Pet Corner
No. 15 Jalan Mempelam
Off Persiaran Raja Muda Musa
41100 Klang, Selangor
Tel :  03-33717734

Branch Clinic:
16, Lorong Selampit 18B
Taman Klang Jaya
41200 Klang, Selangor
Tel: 03-33240261

What I especially like about this clinic is that it's cheap (only RM100 for the X-Ray plus CD and consultation about what Oscar should do and eat for the next few months). The experienced doctor is also pretty nice and Oscar didn't bite any of the staff members. Also, no one remarked as I quietly hyperventilated in a corner as they scanned my little precious furball's bones for any fracture or dislocation... so that's always a plus for me.

Beautiful Weekend

I'm nearing my 12-month relationship anniversary, so I'm pretty sappy these days. Today, I educated Wewo on the beauty that is the Notebook, and it's safe to say that I have the Cutest Boyfriend Ever, especially when he turns all emo and wriggly whenever there's a Noah-and-Allie scene coming up.

Roasted Rice Green Tea Milk something-something from Chatime... it was OK, I guess. Bubble  tea is loaded with calories so drink with caution! Wewo gulped the entire thing down in less than 30 minutes though, so I guess he kinda liked it. He also vehemently complained about being very full after that, which also makes me suspect that this beverage can be a full meal on its own (-.-) 
In between getting sick on Korean Kim Chi and having other foods such as Cheese Crab, Fruit Cake, Wholewheat Pancakes, an American  Breakfast, Beef Brisket Noodles, Raw Mango Salad, Dry Noodles, Coffee, Oats and a cereal drink this weekend, we also spent quite a fair amount of time talking about our future.

I used to think that growing up meant standing on your own two feet and protecting your loved ones, but Wewo has taught me that true happiness can also be found in... letting go. Letting go of everything, and believing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.